Thursday, January 31, 2013

1/31/13 - Day 11

Here is the Buddha drinking CCF Tea. :)


Cumin, Coriander and Fennel seeds to make CCF Tea.  Another great tea to try in the afternoon is straight up ginger tea.  Either grate or chop up (I prefer chopped bc it is milder) some fresh ginger root and steep it in water and enjoy.  Both of these teas are digestive aids and both will give you a little natural pick me up.  I'm going to make some right now.  Usually I would sweeten it with honey but during the cleanse I am not indulging in honey.  I don't really care for agave nectar, but if you dig it, enjoy you tea with sweetener.  Right now I am making CCF tea with ginger in it.  


I have to say, I am doing well on the cleanse!  :)  I have kept steady with my goals and I got everything done that I set out to do on Tuesday and stayed strong through Wednesday and Thursday.  

(Goals from Monday night)
~Goals for tomorrow~
1) To be kind to myself.  
2) Stick to the cleanse
3) One yoga meal
4) Take Strike with Katie H at 10am in SLP


I met all my goals on Tuesday, I was kind to myself, I stuck to the cleanse, I had a yoga meal, and here is a picture of Katie and I after her Strike class Tuesday morning!  I love Katie, she is a great motivator and teacher!  Later that day I could hardly lift my hands above my head because I was so sore. Urgh. 

After a full day of teaching a practicing, Lindsay invited me over to her house to meet her new puppy, Lydia.



Lydia is about three months old, very sweet and smart.  She is a total puppy -- leaping and bounding to and fro, she is adorable.  I am happy to know her!  Hopefully soon she can meet Maxime and then I will post pics of Maxime and Lydia together.  
Lydia and I at Lindsay's house.

So cute!!!!!

Doesn't Lindsay look pretty with her new puppy?

Lindsay has been dog sitting, so the adorable dog in the back is Cole, he is a friends' dog and he is also super rad.  So cute!!!!


Yesterday was a busy day too.  I showed up to team weight loss at SLP and apparently there was no TWL and so I did some zone training by myself and then went to that new Barre class everyone is talking about.  It was intense.  If you get a change, try it.  It is good to mix things up.



Wednesday afternoon I went to the wedge and found this amazing muffin.  Oh my goodness, to die for!  It was so good.  The wedge is my favorite coop in town.

I have been enjoying my yoga meals each day.  I hope you are enjoying yours too.  I have been working on getting the hang of the yoga meals for over a year now and they are finally growing on me.  Either I am just a slow learner, or the process of the yoga meal takes a lot of time.  I swear, I still have a hard time staying seated while eating.  Just do your best and keep working at it and it gets better.



This was my intended yoga meal for today, my lunch.  A vegan, gluten free, sugar free dish that has lots of protein!  It all starts with the sauce.  You can put anything with the sauce.  You could even bathe in the sauce it is so good.  I usually just put it over green beens, but I felt noodley today and tofuey too.  I made up the recipe and it goes something like this.  (When I cook it is how I teach yoga, I have a basic idea and then it is all based on feeling and intuition, so I don't really measure.)

Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce
Unsweetened coconut milk 1/2c
freshly squeezed juice of a lime
teaspoon freshly grated ginger
2 cloves fresh garlic pressed
peanut butter 1/3c
siracha 1/8c or to taste  (can omit while cleansing bc of sugar or you can just fudge a little)
vegetarian fish sauce to taste

Mung Bean Vermicelli noodles 
Green beens
tofu



I have teacher training tonight so wish me luck!  I still need to get my yoga meal in today because my lunch became a blog project and it wasn't really a yoga meal.  

xoxo

elizabeth

1 comment: