Friday, January 4, 2013

1/4/13- max's birthday



There are no pictures of breakfast.  I had two eggs and two pieces of Premium Great Harvest bread, with butter on it.  Not super healthy, but not binge eating either.  Trying to get back in the swing of things still after the holidays.  I'm not going to be too hard on myself.  Above is a picture of my dog and I and the new warm headband my bff gave me for Christmas and my fav six one two t-shirt, all tied together with a side braid.  


My husband and I walked to lunch.  We discussed how it felt like summer, or at least a lovely spring day.  He told me he thought it had to be at least 36 degrees.  I looked around and noticed nothing was melting and so I figured it had to be below freezing.  I was very confused because it really did feel so warm.  I looked it up on my iPhone and it was a balmy 28.  


We tried this restaurant, Maya, for lunch.  It is two blocks from our home, and my friend JoAnna told me that her father is friends with the owners and that it was good, so we tried it.  


I had tamales.  They were pretty good.


I also tried their rice and beans.  The rice was not very good, but the beans were excellent.  I would go back for the beans.  I grew up in Wenatchee, Washington.  I am convinced that Wenatchee has the best Mexican food in the world.  It is hard to wow me with Mexican food.



My friend Max took this picture.  This is near his house.  It is Max' birthday today and he took this picture because he said it was a "perfect birthday sunset."


For dinner tonight we went to the Red Stag Supperclub for Max' birthday party.  It was fun!!!



This is what I ate for dinner tonight.  I shared smelt fries with my husband and the table, but I ate most of them. For my entrée I ate a butternut squash risotto with an arugula salad and pesto.  The picture I took of the risotto makes it look disgusting, but it was only because I used the flash for some reason.  I promise it was well worth every penny.  I ate 2/3 of it.  


 I gave Max this Mazel Tov Bitches cup to celebrate.  Thes guys below gave him the Prosecco.

Here are more of his fun friends. 






I call this photo "Shiksa in the Middle!"



Here is Max with his cake!  Super cool photo.




I did eat half of a piece of birthday cake.  
Happy birthday Max!

No comments:

Post a Comment