Wednesday, January 2, 2013

12/31/12-1/1/13

Happy New Years 2013!!!!

My friend, Aleeah and I at Sushi Seven




Devin, my husband.

Brittany, myself and Aleeah.  



Happy New Years!!!!

I love pictures like this.


Now to tell you a story


The Gold Dress!!!!


My mother was diagnosed with cancer over 2 and a half years ago. Last Christmas, she was given a prognosis of 18 months, it was bad. We all have been praying for her, offering up good intentions for her during yoga and and she has been fighting so hard. My dad has been awesome and so incredaibly strong through all of this, they both have. After she got her bad prognosis, she was shopping at Saks FIfth Avenue in Fort Myers, Florida and she found a beautiful gold dress. She decided to buy it becuase she knew she would fight to be here with us all! RIght now she is well and healthy and clear of any cancer!!!! Thank the Lord!!!! She promised herself wherever she was, even if she was in Iowa, she would wear her beautiful gold dress! She did!!!! These are some pictures of my parents from last night, New Years Eve at the Italian American Club in Florida, dancing, healthy and having a good time. She texted me last night and they were just going home, they were up later than my husband and I and they were in Florida which is an hour ahead. My parents are maybe a little cooler than me, and I had a great time last night, but probalby not as much fun as they did as they celebrated this increadible blessing and victory. I am so grateful for all of the blessings in my life, and so grateful for my mother's courage. Happy New Years! "Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is. - Bhagavad Gita-

 "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can loose." ~Tom Krause



 

Psalm 30:2

O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.

I am so grateful for my belief in God, and all of my families and friends prayers'.  



New Years Day!!!!!  2013!!!!!

Happy New Years

OOTD




In the morning, I got to visit my sister, Kristin, brother, Mike, and their two amazing and beautiful children, Jack and Coco.  I am such a proud auntie.

We thought it was wise to have a delicious breakfast at the Uptown Diner in the am.  

Packed.












Took home the rest.


~New Years Day Night Party Chez Lindsay.

We shared a vegetarian/vegan feast and most of it was gluten free.

Lindz and her partner just bought a beautiful home in North and it so awesome.   


We played spoons after dinner.  It was a blast.

Super cute tea set.

We played spoons for so long L decided to make a spoon themed playlist. Stephen also contributed for the longest ever YouTube song called "Spoonman."


Best New Years in as long as I can remember.  I am so blessed.  

May all of you have a beautiful start to your New Years and keep going strong until the end.  

I will be back with more focused exercise, weight loss and nutrition blogging tomorrow.  I am going to be really good about blogging everyday and staying focused with my goals.  The holidays are over now and I can, and we all can get on with our lives.  I would have been more focused about today, 1/2/13, but I stayed up till 4:00am last night and so when I woke up today, I didn't even know what day it was.  I had a dentist appointment (no cavities) this morning and was so generally confused all day long, I will just need to have a fresh start tomorrow.  I got some new flax milk that is only 25 calories a serving, so that is going to interesting mañana.  See you then.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment