Thursday, January 24, 2013

1/24/13: still cold


Hello.



My dog snuck into my bed last night and commandeered all of the bedding.  What an adorable mess.


Found these at the Wedge today.  They ARE strangely addictive.  This might be a good snack idea.
 Today after I taught two early morning yoga classes (props to those of you you who were in there BTW) I was craving something delicious for lunch.  I still need very grounding foods, I think because it is so cold, dry and windy outside.  I decided to make Red Curry with Swiss Chard and carrots.  Here is the delicious swiss chard I found at the Wedge this am.  It is beautiful enough to be a bouquet.  Maxime helped me cook this meal.
I sautéed the Chard in this coconut oil.  I love cooking with coconut oil because, A. It's delicious, and B. there are so many health benefits of coconut. 

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html


I was going to put Tofu in my curry dish, but I listened to my body and decided I didn't really want Tofu today.  I am posting a picture however in case you were wondering about Tofu.



For the curry I used this unsweetened coconut milk, it is organic and well priced.  I use this brand all the time.  I like that it is unsweetened, organic and cheaper than Thai Kitchen and other brands.  I also used red curry paste, it is vegan.  


I bought some Thai Basil.  Thai basil is very healing.
Thai Basil is used for the common cold, influenza (“the flu”), diabetes, asthma, bronchitis, earache, headache, stomach upset, heart disease, fever, viral hepatitis, malaria,  and tuberculosis. It is also used for mercury poisoning, to promote longevity, as a mosquito repellent, and to counteract snake and scorpion bites. - Basil Chandler-

  I grated some fresh ginger, which is also very healing.  10 Health Benefits of Ginger  Check out this link, it comes from the Food Matters website and if you haven't yet seen the film, do, it is worth watching.
Added the ginger.

Added some fresh garlic.


Maxime helped me make the noodles for the dish.  I picked these up at an Asian market in South Minneapolis.  Lindsay and I have gone there together before, it is fun, and they have a wide selection.


 Added the noodles.
I decided it needed a little kick, so I added this rice wine 
vinegar that I got at the Asian market with Lindsay.




Here is lunch.  It was pretty good.  Again, I needed something more grounding today and I find that coconut and curry are make me feel more soothed.  Remember we have seven major chakras in our body and the act of eating can be grounding, but eating food that is red in color amplifies the grounding qualities.  Red curry and red swiss chard, yum!  First Chakra, table for two.




 My mother got me a subscription to this thing called "The Daily Word."  I have been behind in reading it, but I opened it up today and the message helped me, in fact after I am done blogging, I am going to go meditate.  What I gleaned from this, is "In God's breath (in latin breath translates into God's breath/spirit) we find peace.  Peace is always available to us at all times.  Even when we are going crazy cleansing, we can come to our breath and find peace.  


Much Love,
elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment