Saturday, December 22, 2012

sick week (catch up) 12/15-12/21

Sick week: 12/15, Saturday-12/21, Friday...Yuck
I did a really bad job keeping tabs on and photographing my diet this last week.  I am sorry.  I was just trying to do my best to teach my classes and get well.  I am still sick actually and it is a week later.  Sad.  Anyways, I am so glad I have made my weight loss goals public because I keep running into people who have apparently read my blog and they are keeping me accountable to post.  This was a good idea and I am glad I have taken the plunge to go ahead and tell people otherwise I would have already fizzled out on my plans.  Thank you to those who have brought up my blog to me in this past week.  You are keeping me honest, and I appreciate it greatly!!!
I didn't take any photos at all on Saturday, I am not even sure I ate much of anything on Saturday because I felt so sick.  The above pictures are from Sunday, 12/16.  The above left would have been the remnants of my breakfast smoothie, and the plate of leftover food is something I scrounged up from the Lifepower Yoga Uptown fridge.  We had a party the night before, which I had to miss because I was sick and there were leftovers that I ate.  I taught three yoga classes on Sunday morning, and then took a training for EVOLVE from Jason.  During his yoga class I noticed it was the first time I had been able to breathe in a few days so I stayed after for a second class from him.  He is a good teacher and the hot yoga felt really good on my sick body and sinuses.  




After 8 hours of yoga I went to dinner with my husband and his coworker, Mike, and Mike's wife, Sunshine.  We dined at the Namaste Café.  It is always delicious and we had a good meal.  I still felt sick, and was embarrassed to meet new people when I felt so under the weather, but it ended up being a good time.  Dinner was so fun that we were kind of giddy and we went to Lund's looking for doughnuts.  Below is a picture of something I was thinking about eating, but I didn't!  

I am glad that I didn't waste the calories on this.  I have goals!



Monday's breakfast, I love leftovers.  The tree is just a little decoration that Devin put up to cheer me up.  My Grandma made it for some church craft event in the 60's and I love it because I think it is beyond cute!  Merry Christmas!


This is what I at the rest of the day.  Little bites of ice cream mixed with peanut butter.  You can see that I didn't eat very much, but I felt sick, my throat hurt, and the ice cream seemed to make me feel better because I didn't feel like eating anything real.  I know this is not a good weight loss tactic, but I gave in.  I guess taking a picture and writing about it makes me vary aware that when I feel sick and sad I crave comfort food.  I guess this is something I can become aware of and try to be more mindful in the upcoming months during my weight loss adventure!



 Tuesday's breakfast smoothie.  Pineapple spinach with VeganMax from the Life Café at Lifetime.



Thursday I decided to try out the weight loss app some of you suggested called My Fitness Pal.  It seems to be pretty good.   I realized that the smoothie I had made myself for breakfast (no picture, sorry) was around 650 calories.  I thought I was eating something so healthy for myself and I had felt so good about what I was making, but now I know I can curtail my smoothie recipes.  I also had Indian buffet for lunch.  Another healthy choice, I thought.  I entered in Indian buffet on MFP and selected the vegetarian plate.  Apparently my plate is around 700 calories.  Yikes.  Now I can think twice about Indian buffet.  I seriously thought that because I could get a plate of vegetarian food, I was making a super healthy decision for myself.  Think again.  I am excited about this app because I can start making better choices now.  



Friday morning breakfast smoothie is very different today.  I added two kale leaves from my winter garden, 8 small strawberries, a half of banana, about 3/4 cup soymilk, a scoop of protein powder, and a teaspoon of freshly ground flax seed.  Unlike the previous day's smoothie at 650 calories, this little number had under 400.  Good adjustment elizabeth!
It was Hmong New Year celebration at the school my husband teaches at on Friday and it was so fun!  I saw the whole school participate in a Hmong celebration of dance, theatre and song.  There was food in the cafeteria too, so I got to eat a little lunch there too.  The families had made rice and some broccoli in a garlic sauce that I was able to eat a little of, it was absolutely delicious!!!


Friday was a big day.  Even though I was still sick, I taught my classes, and I taught 108 sun salutations to celebrate the winter solstice!  My class did so well, I am always so proud of my students when they complete a mala!  Afterwards I was exhausted and my husband and I went to El Taco Riendo, a local North East Minneapolis taco shop.  It is awesome!  Here is Devin enjoying a Torta and fries.


Below is a picture of my vegetarian chimichanga!  I didn't eat even half of it, thank goodness.  I am sure it had a lot of calories even though I tried to keep my portions under control.



 Just for fun on Friday night!!!!!!

I went out with my friend John to go dancing.  We had so much fun at the first place we went to we never even made it to Bomp!, which is where we were intending to go the whole night.  We were also supposed to go to another party, but we ended up just staying at the first place.  I ran into a woman I went through my first yoga teacher training with, Jillia.  She was with a friend of ours, Amy, who was visiting from New York.  Amy and I have known each other for a while now too.  Amy was celebrating her booking on a TV show, yay!!!!  John and I always have fun wherever we go!!!

   Goodnight John, Goodnight Maxime, John spent the night at my house on the couch and I'll tell you about breakfast in tomorrows post.






No comments:

Post a Comment