Thursday, December 27, 2012

12/27/12

This is my morning smoothie and the first super healthy powerhouse food I've had since after my Christmas Eve yoga class.  Christmas was good to me, and I was good to Christmas.  All is well, but it felt good this morning to get back into the swing of things and eat a healthy breakfast!

I taught two yoga classes, the first at 6am and the second at 8am in SLP.  I then took a cardio kickboxing class...
totally worth the trouble.  

I had one more yoga class to teach and a little time before morning classes to grab a quick bite from the wedge.  Yum!!!!!  I did have to eat in my car though, not the best, but better than nothing.

I keep trying to get in protein so I ate the delicious chickpeas and quinoa because both are great sources of plant based protein.
A quinoa salad, carrot beet soup with ginger and an apricot for dessert.




So far so good until I got home and pigged out on baguette, mushrooms and horseradish sauce.  I was so tired after my day of hard work, I got home, watched Top Chef Season 10 episode 8 and porked out.  It was delicious until I felt sick afterwards.  I then got to take a nap for a little bit.  I had the house to myself, no husband, no dog, just peace and quite.  It was lovely!

Dinner calories are above, I went out tonight with some girlfriends, JoAnna and Torrey.  We went to the Mill Valley Kitchen and it was lovely.  I totally want to bring my husband and his parents there because I think they would all really like everything about it.  The restaurant was beautiful inside, it was snowing outside and so everything looked especially nice, and the food was great!  It is local and organic, with tons of vegan and gluten free options.  The menu also breaks down calories, protein, carbs, fat and fiber as you can see below.






I skipped dessert at the Mill Valley Kitchen, but I still wanted a little something sweet when I got home so I decided to eat one Lindor Truffle, the peanut butter kind.  Apparently each individual truffle is 73 calories.  Yikes, I am glad I ate only one.

Below is a summary of my day!






No comments:

Post a Comment