Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12

12/12/12

Every morning I start my day off with a warm water, lemon and honey concoction.  I squeeze the juice of half a lemon, add hot water, not too hot, and about a tablespoon of honey.


They honey is used as a "fat scraper" in this early morning blend, however honey has a myriad of additional health benefits as well.  Honey can help reduce lipids in the body and lower cholesterol.  Honey can help aid in digestion and boost immunity.  Honey can help prevent anemia and is good for allergies too.  At nighttime, a teaspoon of honey can even be said to help with insomnia.

I mostly notice that the honey soothes my throat and it tastes good.  The warm water satisfies my need for coffee and caffeine.  The lemon keeps my skin bright and my breath fresh.  Quitting coffee and caffeine was very challenging.  I can go into more depth with that later.  

Since I had decided to start my blog today I was busy taking pictures and I didn't really have enough time for a stellar breakfast if I was going to make it to Team Weight Loss.  I decided to quickly mix one scoop of my Fruitein protein powder into some organic soy milk and drink it quickly.

Breakfast

Mixing it up, yuck.  I am not really all that into drinking or using protein powders and things, but I am trying to loose weight and like I said, I've tried what seems to be everything, so this is what they are telling me to do, eat protein!!!  So I am being very mindful to incorporate it into every meal.  I am vegetarian/veganish.  I do eat honey obviously, but I try to eat a mostly vegan diet.  I believe we don't need as much protein as we think, but here I go trying to eat a lot of protein.  We will see what the next six months brings. 

Lunch
I made this delicious sweet potato cauliflower soup, here is the recipe.

I added sunflower seeds, 1/2 of an avocado and about a cup of cilantro.  I love cilantro, it is my favorite.
 These Patties are gross even with a bunch of Siracha on them. I ended up scraping off the siracha and just trying to eat it because, like I said, I am trying to get more protein in my diet.


 Afternoon Tea:I use this Ayurvedic digestive churna, I am supposed to sprinkle it on my food to get "the five tastes," but unless it matches the flavor profiles of what I am eating, I think it is a gross idea to do that, so I make a tea out of it and sip it after lunch to help me digest.  It is so delicious!

I went to Yoga Practice feddback sesh taught by my friend Dave Hernandez, and afterwards it was time to get a quick bite for dinner before I went to a rock show with my friend John.  Lu's Sandwich is nearby my yoga studio and it rocks everytime.  Lu's is also cheap and fast and I think the owner is really cute.  I like eating at this place because I can get a satisfying and pretty healthy vegetarian sandwich.
Home to shower and get ready for
 Sufjan Stevens live show.  I haven't seen my friend John in ages and so it was really fun to catch up.

 
We went to drinks at Cosmos, this super fancy downtown bar in Block E.  I had water.  :-)  John always orders the most fabulous drinks, he had some concoction of berries and champagne with a twist, it was called "ulterior motive."  We caught up a little and the headed down to Mill City Nights where the show was being held.  It was super fun and sold out.  Since I quit drinking I don't go to shows much anymore, but it is still so much fun to indulge in a little nightlife.

We were planning on going to Pizza Luce for a late night slice, but we thought better of it and just went home.  I am proud of myself today for being able to be so busy and stick to my plans.  I worked out hard with my Team Weight Loss group and practiced yoga and had a great 12/12/12!

 This is my dog, Maxime.  She is the greatest.




No comments:

Post a Comment