Friday, December 14, 2012

12/14/12

     Well I am still sick, and I feel even worse than I did last night.  I woke up, gargled with raw apple cider vinegar "with the mother," and then drank a little ACV because it is anti-bacterial and anti-microbial-- it makes my throat feel better.  I then proceeded to neti pot twice on each side.  It took me over 25 minutes and I still cant breathe very well and feel awful.  My theory was if I took care of myself last night and went to bed early, like I did, I would feel better in the morning.  This is not the case, as I said before, I feel even worse.

     After my morning neti pot expedition, I drank my lemon honey water concoction and took my Ayurvedic herbs and waited fifteen minutes like I'm supposed to.  I then made a delicious breakfast smoothie.  It is a raspberry cacao peanut butter smoothie, yum!  I try to opt for unsweetened soy milk when I buy it, but I can get it so much cheaper at Costco and the organic vanilla is all they had this time.  I used about a cup of raspberries, 1/2 a serving of raw organic cacao, a serving of PB (2 T) and 1/2 of a banana.  I am currently out of protein powder or I would have added it even though I really don't like it.  I am missing my Team Weight Loss practice because my whole body is achy and I can't breathe.  I will try to teach my yoga class this evening and I would like to attend the Uptown Lifepower Yoga holiday party, but if I feel like this, I won't be able to.  We are going to have the food catered by Namste Cafe, and then we will share inspirational quotes with each other, so I really want to go and share.



I just felt sick for lunch so I just had some tea to try to feel better.It didn't really make me feel that much better, I actually prefer the standard Throat Coat tea rather than the above version.  I skipped Team Weight Loss but did try to work out a little from home as to stay true to my goals.  I worked out for almost an hour.  I tried the Brazil Butt Lift DVD Bum Bum workout for the first time.  Uh... yeah.  His cueing is awful, but I would like to try it again when I am not sniffling and sneezing.  

I went to teach my Yin Yoga class and it was very hard bc I am sick.  I did go in the eucalyptus steam room at Lifetime for about a half an hour to try to feel better.  I'm sure it didn't hurt.


When I got home I didn't feel very hungry but felt like I should eat something probably.  I waited a little and then I was hungry.  I decided to make some Faux Pho.  I just tried my best to use what I had in the fridge.  I can't taste or smell so I am not quite sure, but it was probably good, and I know it felt good on my throat.  


I hope today I am better. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment