Saturday, December 22, 2012

12/22/12 wedding day

Wedding Day: 12/22/12

First of all, John spent the night, so we went to breakfast at the Ideal Diner.  If you have never, I suggest you do.  


Above is the best pancake ever.  It is made by Kevin, the owner of the Ideal Diner.  It is really a special place, and the pancakes are out of this world.  I didn't eat the whole thing, just 2/3 of it.  :-)


We got to go to a wedding for Devin's cousin Amy.  It was a Christmas wedding and I have been waiting forever to do my hair like this, and I finally had an occasion to style my hair like this with poinsettias.  These flowers are vintage poinsettias from my Grandmother's Christmas decorations that I inherited.  Love!
Mary Kay, Devin's mom,Devin and I.  

Some of Devin's cousins:  Jess, Bri and Erin

Each table had these beautiful trees with ornaments on them, beautiful 12 days of Christmas ornaments actually.  There were also red ball ornaments and silver pens that each guest signed as a momento for the bride and groom to have for years to come.  Below you can see mine, and you can see Devin's.


The Bride and Groom, and their first dance, they selected, "Stand By Me."  Such a good song!







Here is an hors'dourves that I ate.  It was a bruschetta, yum!  I had just one.  It was fun to drink water out of a champagne flute, I should celebrate like that everyday!!!!


This was my lunch.  Very cute name card, good salad, vegetarian pasta and delicious wedding cake!




My cute hair popped out and then I just had to wear my hair down.  Here is Devin and I.

He took a bunch of cute pictures with his mom too.



My favorite part of the day was when the women made the honeymoon suite special for the bride and groom.  All the ladies of the family decorated a very special room at the Westin for Amy and her groom.  It is a tradition in the family to do this for the bride and groom, and after everything is all decorated perfectly, the mother of the bride reads an Irish wedding blessing and then we all throw fresh rose petals all over everything!  It was my favorite part of the wedding and the whole day!  Very touching!









For dinner tonight, I ate the rest of my El Taco Riendo veggie Chimi.  It was delicious as I expected it would be.  













2 comments:

  1. We had SO much fun decorating YOUR wedding suite too! I am glad you got to experience the tradition:) Much love to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that is what you all did. I didn't know there was a prayer involved. The Irish Wedding Blessing was my favorite part of the whole day! Love you Nick Nak!

    ReplyDelete