Thursday, December 13, 2012

12/13/12

We got home so late last night, I only got like 3 hours of sleep.  I rushed to bed and then had to wake up at 5am because I teach early morning yoga at the SLP Lifetime.  I was unable to take pictures of my morning tea (didn't have time for the lemon honey water, I just made tea), and smoothie I made.  I made a simple strawberry banana orange smoothie with that Frutien protein powder in it.  I also put a splash of soy milk to make it a little creamier and to cover up the taste of the protein powder.  I also put some chia seeds and a 1/3 cup of oats in it to give it a little more umph.  I am proud of myself for making some changes to my smoothie habits.  My trainer, Wade, wants me to only use half a banana because bananas and higher on the glycemic index.  
I played this song in class today for someone who is getting a new start in life.  Another student was inspired by it too so he asked me what it was.  In case you may want to check it out, this is the info.  This song is good for anyone embarking on a new beginning.

For Lunch I had the same soup that I had yesterday without the cilantro and I had a small garden salad with some Braggs Sesame Ginger salad dressing on it.  I ate a smaller portion of salad then normal and couldn't even finish my soup.  I made one of those patties again, and decided they are totally gross and I am going to feed the rest to my dog because I hate them.  I was astonished at how quickly I was satisfied by my lunch.  I was so ravenous after teaching two classes and then lifting weights for over an hour, I thought I would eat a lot more, but I followed the yoga meal guidelines and there you have it.  I will go over what a yoga meal in a late post.

Tonight I am supposed to be in training, my Jonny Kest 300 hour YTT, but I feel super sick.  So I am all bundled up, kleenex in hand, sneezing, sore throat, and coughing.  Devin, my husband walked in at asked if I could make him dinner and I told him I was too sick, but then he took Maxime to the dog park so sweetly that after he left I decided to start dinner even though I feel like crapola.  I put some butternut squash in the oven and started toasting the seeds.  For some reason, this made me super hungry and I caved and had some taco chips, Jack's salsa and one slice of cheddar cheese.  I wanted to cheat and not tell the truth about this digression, but I made up my mind to post everything I am eating and so here it is, day two of my blog, failure.  Chips and salsa and cheese.  It was delicious though.  Now I've logged it and I can pay attention to cravings like this, and I was honest about it.  Just FYI, if I was stranded on a dessert island and I could only have one food for the rest of my life, it would be chips and salsa, and apples.  I love apples.


Dinner

I was able to roast the butternut squash and make a kick ass vegetarian pasta for my husband and I.  I found these garlic basil linguine noodles at the wedge and they were pretty good.  I prefer just plain linguine better than flavored.  I also roasted some organic carrots.  I made a buerre blanc sauce, caramelized some onions, sauteed mushrooms that Devin chopped so nicely, added red peppers and mixed in the noodles.  We decided to just top the pasta with butternut squash instead of mixing it in.  I added a pinch of parsley and some pine nuts to mine.  I want feel great and also enjoy life and all that it has to offer.  I know a buerre blanc sauce is probably not the best way to try and cut calories, but I also have to live within my means and I wanted to use food that we had in our fridge, and my husband really wanted pasta because he has had a challenging week.  Tonight I focused on enjoying my serving of pasta to the fullest, savoring each bite.  I did have a small second helping, but I didn't have more than that.  I tried to control my portion.  Again, I am looking for the protein in my meal, I need to find better ways to incorporate the big "P" into my diet.

Goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment